Guidelines for DNA submission:
- Recommended DNA Isolation kits: MoBio PowerMicrobiome, MoBio PowerSoil, MoBio PowerMag, Roche MagnaPure, Qiagen spin columns. Other kits may be used if high quality DNA is extracted.
- Please submit 15 µL of isolated DNA in a full skirted twin tec PCR plate (Eppendorf cat #951020401) sealed with a sterile aluminum foil (VWR cat #89049-034).
- Expected DNA concentrations should be in the range of 1-100 ng/µL. If <1 ng/µL, please indicate samples as "low bio-mass" on request form.
- Samples should be filled column-wise.
- Please provide an electronic copy plate map using this template: Click here. NOTE: For MiSeq runs, sample ID must be 1 word containing NO special characters (including no underlines or dashes). Each name MUST be unique, even if on different plates.
- Ideally, the customer should test DNA for amplification ahead of submission. If you would like to order generic primers, please contact the lab at MSMBLCORE@umich.edu.
- For proper shipping protocol please refer to these guidelines: Click here.
Microbiome Core Protocols
- Shipping Protocol
- Sample Plate Map
- Internal - Protocol for submitting DNA for ILLumina 16S rRNA gene sequencing, V4 region
- Internal - Protocol for submitting samples for DNA Extraction and Illumina 16S rRNA gene sequencing, V4 Region
Microbial Systems Molecular Biology Laboratory, University of Michigan Medical School Internal Medicine/Infectious Diseases, 1150 W. Medical Center Dr., 1500 MSRB1, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5666 Contact For further information about sequencing services, please contact: email@example.com / 734-615-2958 or Michael Dority firstname.lastname@example.org / 734-764-3016.
Michael Dority, Microbiome Research Administrator